in windows7,in IIS, if i am creating a virtual directory in my websites in sites then i an not finding properties on right click of virtual directory. so i am not following the below steps. Perhaps, the below steps are for windows server 2003. what are steps for adding aspnet_isapi.dll in Configuration in windows7.
- In IIS, right click on the Virtual Directory, select Properties.
- Under the Directory tab, click the Configuration... button.
- Under the Mappings tab, under the Wildcard application maps (order of implementation): click the Insert... button.
- Browse and select C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll, leave Verify that the file exists unchecked.
- Move Up aspnet_isapi.dll to the top of the list.
- Click Ok, Ok, and try it. Try recycling the application pool if you don't see it work.
We had a situation where the .Net Routing was working on our development PCs but not on the test and production server with IIS 6 and Windows 2003. This fixed our problem.