In this article I will explain with an example, how to solve the problem: Crystal Report displays MHT File in Visual Studio.
By default, Crystal Reports is not installed in Visual Studio and hence the MHT File is being displayed. This article will guide you with steps required to download and install Crystal Reports for Visual Studio.
Note: Crystal Report does not work with Visual Studio Express editions.
Steps to download Crystal Report for Visual Studio
1. You will need to visit the following Link.
2. Then you will need to click on the Download software now Button.
3. Once you click on the Button, the following Popup will appear where you need to either register or if you already have an account at SAP then login.
4. Once the above is done, you will now be allowed to download the Crystal Report for Visual Studio.
5. Once you click on the first link, the download of Crystal Report for Visual Studio will start.
Installing Crystal Reports for Visual Studio
Right click on the downloaded Crystal Reports for Visual Studio file and click Open.
Note: Make sure all Visual Studio versions installed on your system are not running during installation.
The WinRAR self-extracting archive file will first extract its contents and then the installation will start.
After the installation you will find Crystal Reports in the Toolbox of Visual Studio.