In this article I will explain how to solve add Crystal Report Viewer control to ToolBox of Visual Studio 2010 in Windows Forms (WinForms) Applications.
Download Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010
If you have not installed Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010, you will need to download it from the following location.
Adding CrystalReportViewer to Visual Studio 2010 ToolBox
For Windows Applications projects in Visual Studio 2010, by default the Target Framework selected for Windows Application project is .Net Framework 4 Client Profile.
Hence you will need to change the Target Framework to .Net 4.0. The process to do change the Target Framework is different for C# and VB.Net projects as shown below.
1. Right click the project and select Properties item from the context menu.
2. In the Applications Tab, you need to set the Target Framework to .Net Framework 4.
1. Right click the Project and then click Properties option from the context menu.
2. In the Properties window, select the Compile Tab. In the Compile Tab you need to click on the Advanced Compile Options button as shown below.
3. In the Advanced Compiler Settings dialog, you will find a DropDown to change the Target Framework.
Finally you will now be able to see the Crystal Report Viewer control in the Visual Studio 2010 ToolBox.